Each year, the ACNM presents the Lifetime Achievement Award to an individual who has demonstrated an outstanding level of dedication to the ACNM and the field of Nuclear Medicine.
Please submit nominations to email@example.com no later than August 31. Nominations must include the name of the individual being nominated, the reason why the person should be considered and the nominator's contact information.
The Recipient of this prestigious award should satisfy the following principal pillars of achievement:
- Demonstrated commitment and service to ACNM
- Demonstrated leadership in the field of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging
- Demonstrated peer recognition in scholarly activity
General Selection Criteria:
- Nationally or internationally recognized name (physician, scientist, radiopharmacist) in nuclear medicine and molecular imaging (e.g. research, education)
- Past president or officer of the ACNM, SNMMI, or other sister organizations or evidence for sustained service to the College
- Current or emeritus member of ACNM
- Fellow of ACNM
Selection and Presentation of Award Process:
- Nomination by ACNM board and members of the College (no self-nominations).
- Selection of top 3 candidates by the ACNM Awards Committee.
- The ACNM BOD will vote for each of the 3 candidates and the number of votes for each candidate will be counted and recorded.
- Presentation of award during the ACNM Annual Meeting by the ACNM President to the candidate with highest number of votes.
- The awardee must be present at the ACNM Annual Meeting to receive the award.
- If the selected awardee cannot be present to accept the award in person, then he/she may be considered again for the following year, and award will be presented to the next candidate with the most votes by the ACNM BOD and so on. An exception is made and the award will still be presented to an absent awardee in the rare event of permanent disability or death that occurs in the interval between the date of the final selection and the date of the award presentation.