Earlier this year, ACNM accepted abstract submissions from residents and fellows of nuclear medicine, nuclear cardiology, radiology and radiation oncology that reflected original research and academic efforts in the field of nuclear medicine, correlative imaging or radionuclide therapy. Over 30 abstracts were submitted and accepted for presentation; both poster and oral – the most submissions in ACNM history!
The following abstracts awards were distributed for outstanding research effort:
- Travel Grant Award for $750 to Gauri Khorjekar, MD for “Pilot Study Assessing Two Factors in Altering Radioiodein Uptake in Breast Tissue (Breast) in Patients (PTS) with Well-Differentiated Thyroid Cancer (WDTC).”
- Travel Grant Award for $750 to Pejman Kharazi, MD for “Outpatient I-131 Therapy For Differenetiated Thyroid Cancer: Mode of Transportation, Duration of Travel, Number of Traveling Companions, and Type of Lodging.”
- Best Essay Award for $500 to Khalil Salman, MD for “Nuclear Medicine Detection of Cutaneous Manifestations of Diseases.”
- Best Essay Award for $500 to Andrei Iagaru, MD for “Classical Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in First Complete Remission: Is There a Role for 18F FDG PET/CT Surveillance?”
- Best Essay Award for $500 to Yuxin Li, MD for “Prognostic Value of Metabolic Versus Volumetric Response in Assessing Treatment of Small Cell Lung Cancer Using FDG PET/CT.”